It's more like September

And if it was, I'd be headed for the coast for lots of lovely seabirds. But it's mid-July and though there would undoubtedly be some shearwaters off Formby Point and perhaps a petrel or two, I've decided to keep checking the local patch just in case something drops in.

There have been up to three Common Sandpipers on Rishton Reservoir over the past week as well as teh usual LRP. Friday and today, there has been an adult Common Tern - once more regular than it is now. Good numbers of Sand Martins were feeding low over the water and the football field and these must have been the draw for a Hobby to dash through. I thought it might have landed so I made my way over towards the wood, being battered by the wind and rain. Sure enough, as I got near to where I last saw it, it dashed out on over the trees.

A female Blackcap was feeding a youngster in the garden today - I've been hearing them all summer so it was nice to have confirmed breeding.

And still the rain pours down!

Comments