Post AGM birding

The AGM of the Lancashire and Cheshire Fauna Society  is held on the first Saturday of March every year at Mere Sands Wood and as my presence is most definitely required, it always give me an excuse to do some biring in the area. Having set the room out, I turned my attention to the feeders and the Tree Sparrows and Reed Buntings visiting them. Nuthatches were calling away and, as usual, there was a feeling of Spring in the air with the Dunnocks wing-signalling.

Once the meeting had fiinished I headed home via the mosses (yes - a bit circuitous, I know) to catch up with a couple of Tundra Bean Geese with a small flock of Pinkfeet on Plex Moss. I managed to pick them out OK though they were more distant than they had been earlier in the day.

The trip home was made via the M62 and Bolton where the some Waxwings had taken up residence. Having driven round the ASDA car park, I found the Range and a flock of nine in a tree. I love the calls of Waxwings and they're so photogenic. However these didn't hang on for long as a car door slammed. Still managed a couple of record shots though.

Comments