Ibis at Brockholes

On what's turned out to be a very pleasant weekend, I've managed to catch up with a few local goodies. On Saturday, the morning was spent in the garden generally tidying up with the autumnal movement of birds very much in evidence - it was nice to have a Skylark over the house, whilst a large female Sparrowhawk surveyed the feeder area from on top of the shed.
A trip to our firend in Kendal in the afternoon was punctuated by a call off at Pine Lake for the Lesser Scaup - this took a while to find. A surprise to me was a female Ferruginous Duck in amongst the Tufties - I subsequently found out it had been there for some time and was considered an escape.
On Sunday morning a message came through on my phone - Glossy Ibis at Brockholes Quarry but flown off. A few moments later I found out that it was still in the area so a rush down to the quarrywas called for. Much to my delight, it was sat on the main pool when I arrived - I can contently go and watch Rovers play Wigan this-afternoon now!

Comments